- Starbound creates many of the game elements. Rather than having predetermined values, elements that are procedurally generated can vary from encounter to encounter. Procedural generation uses a randomness algorithm to select the actual features of an object from a set of possibilities. Procedural generation is the process by which
- Main article: Planet
Every planet that the Player explores is procedurally generated. Details such as terrain, weather, and gravity are all the result of procedural generation.
- Main article: Dungeon#Generation
The layout of each Dungeon is procedurally generated, with the guidance of template images to provide designs for various rooms.
- Main article: Creature generation
Creatures are created using select colors and pre-made body parts. Much like how you can make your character in the game.
- Main article: Weapon generation
With the exception of a small set of potentially static weapons, every gun, sword, etc. in Starbound is procedurally generated. There are literally millions of possible variations on weapons as each attribute is selected randomly.
See Also Edit
- Procedural generation on Wikipedia.